Does corrosion exist or will it exist in the future?
Soil corrosion analysis can provide extremely useful information regarding the existence of corrosion and/or the possibility of corrosion affecting future installation of structures such as pipelines, tanks, pilings and more.
MATCOR corrosion technicians can collect soil at your site or you can send samples to MATCOR to be analyzed. All tests are performed at an outside lab in accordance with NACE Recommended Standard Practice 0502-2002 – External Corrosion Direct Assessment (ECDA). MATCOR’s soil corrosion analysis includes the following:
- Chloride ion content
- Moisture content
- Oxygen content
- Presence of corrosion-activating bacteria
- Redox potential
- Resistivity (Learn about soil resistivity testing)
- Sulfate ion content
- Total acidity
When utilizing MATCOR soil corrosion analysis services, you can be assured:
- Tests are performed utilizing applicable (i.e. ASTM, etc.) standards
- Proper handling of soil samples
- Proper documentation of test results
- Knowledgeable service technicians
- Results available 7-10 days after receipt of sample, with shorter turn-around times available
- Competitive rates
Soil Corrosion testing is available for non-hazardous materials, including:
- Cast/Ductile Iron
- Mortar Coated Steel
- Copper Piping
Depending on the type and conditions, soil corrosion testing related to hazardous materials may be available. Please contact MATCOR to inquire about availability.
Upon completion of testing, a MATCOR qualified corrosion engineer will provide you with a detailed written soil corrosion analysis report including conclusions and recommendations for the specific location and proposed installations.
With MATCOR, you benefit from:
- Over 40 years of experience with all types of cathodic protection systems
- Experience testing, installing and maintaining cathodic protection systems for all types of structures throughout the world
- Highly qualified professional and NACE corrosion engineers and technicians
- Team members with experience on the client side of CP projects
- Experience managing multi-million dollar CP projects and corrosion departments of large utilities and pipeline companies
- MATCOR’s many proprietary cathodic protection systems that are lower in cost and have longer lives than some commonly used CP systems
MATCOR’s mission is to solve your corrosion problems. We are ready to assist with your corrosion engineering and field service needs, including design, manufacturing, installation, commissioning and ongoing maintenance, as well as project management and full turnkey solutions. In addition, we offer a broad range of proprietary corrosion prevention products.
To get in touch with our team of corrosion experts for more information, to ask a question or get a quote, please click below. We will respond by phone or email within 24 hours. For immediate assistance, please call +1-215-348-2974.Contact a Corrosion Expert