- This event has passed.
2018 Appalachian Underground Corrosion Short Course
05/15/2018 @ 8:00 am - 05/17/2018 @ 5:00 pm
Each year since 1956 in May, AUCSC conducts a three-day training course, offering over 100 classes on the causes of corrosion, corrosion surveys, cathodic protection, instrumentation, pipeline coatings, and miscellaneous methods of corrosion control. For 2018, AUCSC dates are May 15-17. Exhibits and Registration for AUCSC 2018 will be held at the Mylan Park Ruby Community Center in Morgantown, WV, with the classes held on WVU’s Evansdale Campus.
MATCOR is again exhibiting, and MATCOR’s Jeff Didas, Bruce Ellis, George Krewson, Ben Jacobs and Geoff Rhodes are active members of the AUCSC Committee.
- Jeff Didas: Past General Chairman 2005; Scholarship Chairman; Coatings Session Program Course Chair; Instructor for Coatings Period 1 “Fundamentals of Pipeline Coatings”; Instructor for Fundamentals Period 7 – “Introduction to Pipeline Coatings”
- Bruce Ellis: General Board, Corrosion Group; Instructor for Period 11, Technology Today Sessions “How Drones Will Affect the Oil & Gas Industry”; Instructor for Period 14, Technology Today Sessions “Evolution of Hydrostatic Leak Detection”
- George Krewson: Past General Chairman 2011; Instructor for Periods 4-5 – Advanced – “Materials for Cathodic Protection”
- Ben Jacobs: Chairman, Testing Committee
- Geoff Rhodes: Sub Chairman, Basic; Coordinator of NACE Corrosion Technician Review Course