How do you determine if cathodic protection is needed?
Cathodic protection (CP) feasibility studies are performed to determine if there is a requirement for cathodic protection of structural assets such as gas pipelines, deep wells or above ground storage tanks (ASTs). Feasibility studies include:
- On-site corrosion testing
- Review of engineering drawings for the structure to be protected
- Review of the structure’s corrosion history
Once on-site corrosion testing and analysis is complete, and engineering drawings and corrosion history have been reviewed, the best method of cathodic protection for the application must be determined.
MATCOR has over 40 years of experience in cathodic protection and assessing the need for corrosion prevention. Our corrosion experts will come to your facility to:
- Gather and analyze data for the structure and surrounding environment
- Provide expert review of your engineering drawings and corrosion history
Next, we will provide a full report that includes:
- The feasibility of using cathodic protection
- Approximate budgetary costs
- A complete review of the types of cathodic protection systems recommended for your application
With MATCOR, you benefit from:
- Over 40 years of experience with all types of cathodic protection systems
- Experience testing, installing and maintaining cathodic protection systems for all types of structures throughout the world
- Highly qualified professional and NACE corrosion engineers and technicians
- Team members with experience on the client side of CP projects
- Experience managing multi-million dollar CP projects and corrosion departments of large utilities and pipeline companies
- MATCOR’s many proprietary cathodic protectionsystems that are lower in cost and have longer lives than some commonly used CP systems
MATCOR’s mission is to solve your corrosion problems. We are ready to assist with your corrosion engineering and field service needs, including design, manufacturing, installation, commissioning and ongoing maintenance, as well as project management and full turnkey solutions. In addition, we offer a broad range of proprietary corrosion prevention products.
To get in touch with our team of corrosion experts for more information, to ask a question or get a quote, please click below. We will respond by phone or email within 24 hours. For immediate assistance, please call +1-215-348-2974.Contact a Corrosion Expert