To determine the need for AC Mitigation and design effective AC mitigation systems, it is necessary to gather the following data:
Typical Electrical Transmission Data
- Tower geometry
- Tower grounding / earthing details
- Phase conductor arrangement
- Phase arrangement
- Conductor heights
- Conductor separation distances
- Shield wire data
- Locations of any phase transpositions
- Current loading under different conditions namely:
- Average conditions
- Maximum conditions
- Emergency conditions (for power line with multiple circuits)
- Fault information i.e. Duration, magnitude, etc.
- Power line-to-ground fault currents
- Physical attributes of the pipeline
- Detailed pipe depth of cover and centerline location in areas of collocation with the overhead AC lines
- Coating type and conductance
- Pipeline diameter
- Presence of valves, traps, casings, pig launchers, etc.
- Accurate soil resistivity data at various layers along the collocation
Qualified MATCOR AC Mitigation technicians can visit your site to collect all necessary data to evaluate fault current and induced AC corrosion risks, and identify safety risks in accordance with the latest NACE and industry standards.Data gathered is utilized for sophisticated pipeline AC modeling [LINK: pipeline-ac-modeling]that supports effective design.
With MATCOR, you benefit from:
- Over 40 years of experience with all types of cathodic protection systems
- Experience testing, installing and maintaining cathodic protection systems for all types of structures throughout the world
- Highly qualified professional and NACE corrosion engineers and technicians
- Team members with experience on the client side of CP projects
- Experience managing multi-million dollar CP projects and corrosion departments of large utilities and pipeline companies
- MATCOR’s many proprietary cathodic protectionsystems that are lower in cost and have longer lives than some commonly used CP systems
MATCOR’s mission is to solve your corrosion problems. We are ready to assist with your corrosion engineering and field service needs, including design, manufacturing, installation, commissioning and ongoing maintenance, as well as project management and full turnkey solutions. In addition, we offer a broad range of proprietary corrosion prevention products.
To get in touch with our team of corrosion experts for more information, to ask a question or get a quote, please click below. We will respond by phone or email within 24 hours. For immediate assistance, please call +1-215-348-2974.Contact a Corrosion Expert