AC interference modeling aids in determining safety risks and requirements for pipeline AC mitigation.
For new and existing pipeline projects in dual right-of-ways with overhead electrical transmission lines, it is critical to measure and manage electrical voltages in order to mitigate corrosion and safety risks, including:
- Step-Touch potential. Step-touch potential is the risk of injury to workers and the public coming in contact with exposed areas when voltages are above an acceptable limit. These exposed areas include casing vents, test stations, segments of above ground piping and regulator stations.
- Induced AC. Induced AC occurs when overhead electrical lines cause increased current densities within steel pipelines, potentially causing ruptures.
- Shorted or Fault Conditions. Extreme voltage conditions such as lightning strikes can melt pipeline coatings and in some cases the pipe itself.
AC Modeling is performed utilizing sophisticated software to analyze these risks and design AC mitigation systems addressing highest potential voltage conditions. AC modeling enables accurate analysis of grounding issues, electromagnetic fields, interference and various aspects of cathodic protection and anode bed analysis.
MATCOR can provide field data collection and complete AC modeling and analysis to determine your AC interference risks and mitigation requirements.
With MATCOR, you benefit from:
- Over 40 years of experience with all types of cathodic protection systems
- Experience testing, installing and maintaining cathodic protection systems for all types of structures throughout the world
- Highly qualified professional and NACE corrosion engineers and technicians
- Team members with experience on the client side of CP projects
- Experience managing multi-million dollar CP projects and corrosion departments of large utilities and pipeline companies
- MATCOR’s many proprietary cathodic protectionsystems that are lower in cost and have longer lives than some commonly used CP systems
MATCOR’s mission is to solve your corrosion problems. We are ready to assist with your corrosion engineering and field service needs, including design, manufacturing, installation, commissioning and ongoing maintenance, as well as project management and full turnkey solutions. In addition, we offer a broad range of proprietary corrosion prevention products.
To get in touch with our team of corrosion experts for more information, to ask a question or get a quote, please click below. We will respond by phone or email within 24 hours. For immediate assistance, please call +1-215-348-2974.Contact a Corrosion Expert