Cathodic Protection Rectifiers
No Posts Found
Cathodic protection rectifiers are the external power source used in impressed current cathodic protection systems (ICCP) to convert alternating current (AC) to direct current (DC). In ICCP systems, current is discharged off of the anode and onto the structure to prevent corrosion. MATCOR offers cathodic protection rectifiers (CP rectifiers) in every standard configuration, including air-cooled, oil cooled and explosion proof. The rectifiers are available in almost any voltage and current output.
MATCOR has learned a lot about what goes in to manufacturing the best cathodic protection rectifier since joining forces with JA Electronics. Read the article "Building the Best Cathodic Protection Rectifier" or view JA Electronics' cathodic protection rectifier presentation to learn more.
MATCOR rectifiers come standard with features that are only available as options on some competing rectifiers. Every part of a MATCOR rectifier is covered by our two-year guarantee, and the transformer comes with an industry leading five-year warranty.
MATCOR Cathodic Protection rectifiers can include:
- Corrosion resistant aluminum case: 5052-H32 marine grade aluminum; lightweight and corrosion resistant.
- Efficiency Filter: Increases the efficiency of single-phase rectifiers by converting the AC ripple to DC power, using less AC.
- Communications Filter: Reduces output ripple and increases efficiency to prevent interference with communications equipment.
- Cross Arm Mounting Bracket: Used for extra rigidity on air-cooled CP rectifier units or for pole mounting oil-cooled rectifiers
- Pedestal Mounting: Standard on oil-cooled rectifiers, but may be ordered as an option on air-cooled models
- Export Crating: MATCOR ships anywhere in the world; our careful attention to blocking and packing assures that the equipment will arrive intact
Other Available CP Rectifier Options
- Non-standard steel, aluminum or stainless enclosure
- Galvanized or powder coating
- Enamel (specify color)
- Hot-dipped galvanized case
- Digital meters
- Multi-circuit output
- Cooling radiator
- Non-standard knockouts
- Interrupter circuit
- Hour meters
- Viewing windows
- Additional shunts or terminals
- Special signal lamps
- Remote monitoring