A depolarized survey attempts to achieve a native state by removing the current from the pipeline for a period of time. The current is allowed to decay to a point where no cathodic protection is present or the CP current has been shut off for a suitable period of time. Measurements are then taken.
If you are trying to achieve a 100 mV shift criterion per NACE SP-169 standard, you may utilize a depolarized survey. For example, you might go 2 weeks with the current removed and it decays 120 millivolts. Survey measurements are then taken. This is a depolarized survey but it is not a native survey.
MATCOR Depolarized Surveys
Qualified MATCOR technical personnel can conduct depolarized surveys in the field for oil, gas and water pipelines. Data is then analyzed by NACE certified experts.
With MATCOR, you benefit from:
- Over 40 years of experience with all types of cathodic protection systems
- Experience testing, installing and maintaining cathodic protection systems for all types of structures throughout the world
- Highly qualified professional and NACE corrosion engineers and technicians
- Team members with experience on the client side of CP projects
- Experience managing multi-million dollar CP projects and corrosion departments of large utilities and pipeline companies
- MATCOR’s many proprietary cathodic protection systems that are lower in cost and have longer lives than some commonly used CP systems
MATCOR’s mission is to solve your corrosion problems. We are ready to assist with your corrosion engineering and field service needs, including design, manufacturing, installation, commissioning and ongoing maintenance, as well as project management and full turnkey solutions. In addition, we offer a broad range of proprietary corrosion prevention products.
To get in touch with our team of corrosion experts for more information, to ask a question or get a quote, please click below. We will respond by phone or email within 24 hours. For immediate assistance, please call +1-215-348-2974.Contact a Corrosion Expert