On potential survey is a close interval survey (CIS) method used to determine if corrosion is taking place and to what level on a pipeline. On potential surveys are done when the normal operation of the cathodic protection system cannot be interrupted. This is the case when the current sources (anodes) in a cathodic protection system are directly connected to the pipeline.
When the current source of the cathodic protection system can be interrupted, instant off or on-off interrupted potential surveys may be used to determine if corrosion is taking place and to what level.
MATCOR On Potential Surveys
Qualified MATCOR technical personnel can conduct on potential surveys in the field for oil, gas and water pipelines. Data is then analyzed by NACE certified experts.
With MATCOR, you benefit from:
- Over 40 years of experience with all types of cathodic protection systems
- Experience testing, installing and maintaining cathodic protection systems for all types of structures throughout the world
- Highly qualified professional and NACE corrosion engineers and technicians
- Team members with experience on the client side of CP projects
- Experience managing multi-million dollar CP projects and corrosion departments of large utilities and pipeline companies
- MATCOR’s many proprietary cathodic protection systems that are lower in cost and have longer lives than some commonly used CP systems
MATCOR’s mission is to solve your corrosion problems. We are ready to assist with your corrosion engineering and field service needs, including design, manufacturing, installation, commissioning and ongoing maintenance, as well as project management and full turnkey solutions. In addition, we offer a broad range of proprietary corrosion prevention products.
To get in touch with our team of corrosion experts for more information, to ask a question or get a quote, please click below. We will respond by phone or email within 24 hours. For immediate assistance, please call +1-215-348-2974.Contact a Corrosion Expert