Pipeline coatings, both above ground and below ground should be evaluated regularly for condition, effectiveness and the potential for pipeline failures.
Evaluating Underground Pipelines
Below ground pipeline coatings are evaluated using indirect inspection techniques such as direct current voltage gradient (DCVG) and alternating current voltage gradient (ACVG) surveys.
A Pipeline Current Mapper or PCM can also be used to perform an AC current attenuation survey to qualitatively rank coating quality and highlight pipeline locations with the most significant coating holidays (defects).
Evaluating Exposed or Above-Ground Pipelines
External corrosion direct assessment (ECDA) inspection techniques are used when the underground pipeline is exposed or for above ground pipelines.
Qualified MATCOR technical personnel are available to perform coating surveys, inspection and evaluation for oil, gas and water pipelines and storage tanks, in addition to recommending pipeline repairs and rehabilitation, and coatings to prevent corrosion for new pipeline or tank construction.
With MATCOR, you benefit from:
- Over 45 years of experience with all types of cathodic protection systems
- Experience testing, installing and maintaining cathodic protection systems for all types of structures throughout the world
- Highly qualified professional and NACE corrosion engineers and technicians
- Team members with experience on the client side of CP projects
- Experience managing multi-million dollar CP projects and corrosion departments of large utilities and pipeline companies
- MATCOR’s many proprietary cathodic protection systems that are lower in cost and have longer lives than some commonly used CP systems
MATCOR’s mission is to solve your corrosion problems. We are ready to assist with your corrosion engineering and field service needs, including design, manufacturing, installation, commissioning and ongoing maintenance, as well as project management and full turnkey solutions. In addition, we offer a broad range of proprietary corrosion prevention products.
To get in touch with our team of corrosion experts for more information, to ask a question or get a quote, please click below. We will respond by phone or email within 24 hours. For immediate assistance, please call +1-215-348-2974.Contact a Corrosion Expert