- This event has passed.
NACE Corrosion 2017
03/26/2017 - 03/30/2017
About 20 MATCOR and Brand personnel attended NACE’s largest annual corrosion conference—CORROSION 2017—March 26-30 in New Orleans. Here are a few highlights…
- Hundreds of attendees stopped by the booth to speak to the team and learn about MATCORs products and services and check out our Durammo Deep Anode System, MITIGATOR Engineered AC Mitigation System and SPL-Anode Series demos.
- MATCOR’s ‘famous’ Cajun Hot Sauce was a big hit, drawing many visitors to our booth. We had a tasting during the expo opening night and gave bottles to booth visitors throughout the show.
- Jeffrey L. Didas was sworn in as Vice President of NACE International and will take on the role of president at CORROSION 2018 in Phoenix. Jeff was also a speaker at the conference, sharing his expertise on “Management of Pipeline Casing Issues.”
- “Flat Heather” worked the booth recruiting talent for open positions at MATCOR.
- Ted Huck and Gordon Carson participated with customers in a foursome at the Darrel D. Byerley Memorial Golf Tournament with MATCOR sponsoring the 18thhole
- Runners Tom Grett, Kevin Groll and Dana Baedke represented MATCOR at the 22nd annual NACE Race benefitting the NACE International foundation to help inspire the future workforce to engage in the prevention of corrosion through science engineering and technology (STEM).
Join MATCOR at CORROSION 2017 in New Orleans.
TECHNICAL PRESENTATION: Management of Pipeline Casing Issues
Jeffrey L. Didas
ABSTRACT : Pipeline casings are an issue whether clear or shorted. This presentation will cover the various issues with casings and what, if anything, can be done to remediate these issues. The discussion will include cathodic protection (CP), casing filling, casing removal and more.
TEG 208X Symposium – Pipeline Crossings: Steel-Cased, Thrust-Bored, and HDD
Thursday, March 30, 2017, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
Ernest N. Morial Convention Center-New Orleans – Room 227