Instant off or on-off interrupted potential survey is a close interval survey (CIS) method used to determine if corrosion is taking place and to what level on a pipeline. GPS synchronized interrupters to control all current sources and interrupt them simultaneously. Interrupters can be set for any predetermined length of time. When the close interval survey (CIS) crew is taking data, readings are done when the cathodic protection system is on and when the cathodic protection system is in an “instant off,” or polarized potential condition.
If the cathodic protection system current source cannot be interrupted, the on potential survey method may be used.
MATCOR Interrupted Potential Surveys
Qualified MATCOR technical personnel can conduct instant on or on-off interrupted potential surveys in the field for oil, gas and water pipelines. Data is then analyzed by NACE certified experts.
With MATCOR, you benefit from:
- Over 40 years of experience with all types of cathodic protection systems
- Experience testing, installing and maintaining cathodic protection systems for all types of structures throughout the world
- Highly qualified professional and NACE corrosion engineers and technicians
- Team members with experience on the client side of CP projects
- Experience managing multi-million dollar CP projects and corrosion departments of large utilities and pipeline companies
- MATCOR’s many proprietary cathodic protection systems that are lower in cost and have longer lives than some commonly used CP systems
MATCOR’s mission is to solve your corrosion problems. We are ready to assist with your corrosion engineering and field service needs, including design, manufacturing, installation, commissioning and ongoing maintenance, as well as project management and full turnkey solutions. In addition, we offer a broad range of proprietary corrosion prevention products.
To get in touch with our team of corrosion experts for more information, to ask a question or get a quote, please click below. We will respond by phone or email within 24 hours. For immediate assistance, please call +1-215-348-2974.Contact a Corrosion Expert