MATCOR cathodic protection splice kits feature:
- A strong clear plastic mould body with Snaplock connection for tight seal
- Stepped cable entry cut-off points for all cable diameters
- Large molded shell enables crimp or split bolt / line tap connectors to be used
- Resin 2-year shelf life
- Our cathodic protection splice kits are ideal for single core unarmoured Tee or Branch jointing rated up to 1kV, above or below ground. To suit main cable single core max size up to 95 sq mm. Branch single core up to 35 sq mm.
- Used on Cathodic Protection applications including pipelines, tanks and buried structure
Resin Sealing Compound
- High quality resin sealing compound has a high resistance to moisture absorption, is mixed in a clear pack and stored in an aluminum protective bag
- The long-term electrical properties of the resin sealing compound result in a more reliable connection without any associated maintenance costs.
- Resin sealing compound is suitable for all climate conditions.
Quality of MATCOR Cathodic Protection Splice Kits
- Designed to meet the requirements of BS 7888:1998.
Cathodic Protection Splice Kit Features
- The pack has been specifically designed and fabricated to offer the user a quick, clean and efficient method of mixing and pouring
- The pack consists of a two part polyurethane resin correctly proportioned into pouches separated by a divider. The user simply breaks the divider, amalgamates the two components and pours.
- Dual system of packaging ensures that the pack is sealed against the atmosphere
- The outer aluminum packaging provides added protection against the atmosphere to support two-year shelf life
- The inner transparent plastic packaging provides a visible reference for the user when mixing
- During mixing the user does not come into contact with the resin but gloves are provided for extra safety
- Each pack has its own unique batch number and use by date to provide an easy reference for the user
- Full safety labeling
- Controlled curing temperature designed to be compatible with PVC, XLPE, EPR, HMWPE and other cable insulations
Detailed storage instructions
- No special labeling required for transportation by road, sea or air.
Designed to meet requirements of BS EN 50393
|Specific Gravity |
|Gelation Time||20-30 minutes 200 gram mass @ 21C|
|Full Cure||24 hours @ 23C / 1 hour @ 80C|
|Shelf Life||2 years (24 months) when stored between 10-25C. Packaging must remain intact.|
|Peak Exotherm||75.2C based on 5 ltr placed in a container 200mm diameter conditioned at 21C.Measurements taken at 5-minute intervals at the center of the resin mass.|
|Tensile Strength||47 Mpa|
|Shore Hardness||80 A|
|Dielectric Strength||Greater than 5 MV/m|
|Provided resin is mixed correctly based on a static environment with gradual riseand fall in temperature is -40C to +110C.|
MATCOR’s mission is to solve your corrosion problems. In addition to our broad range of proprietary cathodic protection and AC mitigation products, we are ready to assist with your corrosion engineering and field service needs, including design, manufacturing, installation, commissioning and ongoing maintenance, as well as full turnkey solutions.
To get in touch with our team of corrosion experts for more information, to ask a question or get a quote for a cathodic protection splice kit or other materials, please click below. We will respond by phone or email within 24 hours. For immediate assistance, please call +1-215-348-2974.Contact a Corrosion Expert